Cambi has been involved in the development of environmental technology since 1989. The company was originally founded by Glommen Skogeierforening and in 1992 Petrol Holding AS took over as the main shareholder. After a capital expansion in 1997, Cambi ASA was established. The ownership structure was changed in 2006 and the main owners are now Petrol AS, PEBA AS, and Mallin Venture AS in addition to the employees.
The ownership and capital situation gives Cambi freedom to make investments in process and product development, and resources to build, own and operate plants.
Cambi is a leading provider of technology to convert biodegradable material to renewable
energy, with high quality in deliveries, competence and expertise.
Cambi in brief
• Environmental technology since 1989
• Numerous international turn-key references
• Meets today’s and future environmental requirements
• Highly skilled and experienced people
• Leading expertise within biogas production from biomass
• Core technology within industrial pre-treatment and biological energy conversion
• Turn-key supplier of processing plants with core technology and supplementary systems
• Proprietary technologies - a number of patents and patent's pending
• International network of companies, partners and representatives
• Successful record from executing projects with a number of clients and partners.
Cambi creates value from:
• Municipal and industrial sludge
• Bio-waste, including food waste and slaughterhouse residues
• By-products and waste from processing industry and agriculture activities
• Lignocellulosic feedstock
• Distiller's wet grains, thin and whole stillage
Cambi shall contribute to improve the world's ecological balance.
Business Idea :
Cambi shall be leading within biological energy conversion.
Cambi will achieve this through leading technology and quality in deliveries.
View our Technical Manager Odd Egil Solheim, giving a brief introduction to Cambi.